"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Valentines

My homemaker's group is having a Valentine's Day party in February.  I decided to make valentines for everyone when I saw this tutorial from Fat Quarter Shop.  I did not have the templates, so I just printed off two hearts and used them for templates.  
 I sewed the bows on tonight.
 I love hand stitching small things.
 I have a ton of lace and decided to add lace to some of my hearts.  All of them will look different.
 This is what I started with.  I need to make about 12?


 I had this batting with the backing fabric, from my cake quilt, already sprayed together, so I just popped the heart fabric on top and used it for the back of my valentines.  It helps that it was pink.
Good thing I have an early start, I still have a lot to go!

Have you ever made homemade valentines?

Missy

"  O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."
Psalms 31:23, 24

4 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I used to make homemade valentines all the time, Missy. I can't seem to find time anymore--something else to hope I can do in retirement.

Little Penpen said...

I like these. I've been thinking of making heart sachets for my four grandchildren.

Tena said...

Those are so sweet!

Sarah said...

Pretty little hearts. I make my husband and children a valentines card every year (they are 30 and 28 now)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8