"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, December 2, 2016

Festive Feline Friday

Pippi decided that my Christmas Village would be a great place to hang out.
 It is not a very big village yet, I just buy houses as I find them at flea markets.  For now, my penguins are the "people" in the village.
 My gingerbread village is my favorite part of my village.  I'm hoping next year, to have a separate place for the gingerbread village.
This is my newest house.  I got it at Hobby Lobby for half off.
My cats have not been too bad about messing with my village, Pippi is the only one I have caught up there.  I'm researching on how I might want to display it next year.

This is a new tradition I just started a couple of years ago.  Do you have a favorite decorating tradition?

Missy

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Not really any big traditions here. I have several theme trees and my pencil santa collection. What I do with all the decorations changes every year. I say stick to the penguins - they are adorable in the village. Finger's crossed only Pippi "visits" your village.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh, Pippi is precious! Beautiful village. you did that very well.
Thank you for sharing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love decorated houses, but hate to do it. Mostly because I hate taking it down and packing it away in January. It seems depressing to me sort of like soda pop that has lost its fizz. Yours looks terrific.

kate steeper said...

i have to agree with Linda , you get the after xmas blues once it all comes down and it seems like forever till spring

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8