"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Leaves and Living Rooms

Our Queen Bee this month wanted a maple leaf block and when I saw it I knew it would be perfect for a table runner.  So far I have it basted and have quilted around one leaf.  I still need to finish quilting it.  My last yellow leaf disappears into the background in the picture.
 This is the background fabric, Tiger was helping me.
 I pulled out my feather weight machine and decided to use her.  She's a smooth little baby.
 I put my Singer 99 hand crank down in my classroom.  Every once in a while, while my student is working on schoolwork, I can get in some sewing.  Of course Cupcake had to see what I was doing.
 Meanwhile, we have been busy pulling the carpet up in the living room and dining room.  We found some gorgeous oak flooring underneath.  Of course, the cats love playing with it as it was pulled up, but we worried about them getting hurt on all of the staples and nails.

 Then we had a huge mess to clean up.
All of the work is being done in the evenings after work, sorry about the dark pictures.  I love the new arrangement in my living room, it makes it so much more open.  I think I need a big, square ottoman in that corner though.  The one there looks funny.
 This is the other side of the living room.  I know the cat tree is ugly, but the cats love it.
 I need to reupholster that red chair, but I'm not quite sure how to do it yet.
We still need to sand the floor and then put a top coat on.  Any suggestions on how to get up black spots off the floor?  When we do the next stage, all the furniture will need to be moved to other rooms, I'm not looking forward to that part.  We'll also have to lock the cats in the basement while the polyurethane dries.

Thanks for visiting my small part of the world!
Missy

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love that circle rug you have. The flooring looks nice.

Kim said...

Our cats are always trying to help. The room is looking great!

Sarah said...

Lucky you to find such wonderful floors under the carpet! Yes! Definitely, you need a bigger ottoman. Which just means more room for the furkids. LOL!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The black spots on the floor should come off with the sanding, unless they are really deep into the wood. Having wood floors is a great find! I love mine!!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Your darlings are beautiful..They Love their Momma.
Love your pretty leaves....and your background wallpaper is so pretty.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8