"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Progress

I picked up an UFO from last year.  I was having problems with my tension and got mad at the quilt and put it up.  For a whole year!  School started and I did not have any time to sew.
I had to trace the Route 66 shield onto the 8 inch blocks for quilting.

 My husband has been picking up patches from Route 66, I decided to sew them onto his quilt.  The only ones that state actual places along Route 66 is the one from Cuba, MO (we went there last weekend for our anniversary) and the one from Springfield, MO (we live an hour from there). 
Oreo was helping me sew the patches on and making a mess of my thread.  Silly cat.
 The cats like to sleep in my rocking chair in my sewing room while I am in there sewing.
 The binding is on, I just need to finish the patches and quilting the big blocks.  I should be done by this weekend since I have already quilted in the ditch around all blocks and quilted the border.  I am quilting it on my Singer 16 industrial treadle.
Wish me luck!
Missy

8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

What a very awesome quilt. I like that you are quilting the Route 66 road sign shape on the blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So glad you picked it up again and are finishing it. Hope the tension all works out.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It will be so nice when it's done!

Snoodles said...

Beautiful! Love the idea of the road sign shaped quilting!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great job, the patches are a great addition.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope you got some BBQ while you were in Cuba.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A great idea to add the patches, Missy. You are both going to be so pleased when you finish this quilt.

Sarah said...

Great idea to put the patches on your quilt! I am thinking of doing the same on the quilt I'll be making with the half-nekkid woodsmen fabric I bought at AQS-Syracuse. I've been accumulating ADK hiking patches and I think it will be cool to add them to the quilt instead of throwing them in a drawer. Oreo looks so regal with his long nose - or is it just his coloring that making it appear longer?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8