"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama

In my last post I had mentioned wanting to lose some more weight.  I am at 148 and would like to be between 130 and 135, so 130 is my goal.  I weighed 120 when I got married, but I do not plan on ever being that skinny again!  LOL
Several of my friends across the country have  lost a lot of weight through the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.  This, of course, peaked my interest.  The plan is based on keeping your sugar levels under control.  It has piqued my interest, so when I saw the book about the plan on sale at Mardel's Christian book store, I bought it.  I still needed the cookbook though.  Then I got the chance to review the cookbook!

I have only tried two recipes so far.  The big boy strawberry smoothie was delicious!  I had it for breakfast one  morning.  I did get hungry about an hour before lunch but I am sure if I got used to drinking them for breakfast it would be different.  The next day I tried the creamy oatmeal.  You mix everything the night before.  In the morning I just had to heat it up.  It was delicious and filled me up!
I would definitely recommend this book!  You can find out more information from their website.  I follow them on facebook, give them a like, they share recipes on there all the time. More information about the book and it's price is here. 

 "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

I want to add that this book is great even if you are not wanting to "diet" but just eat healthier.  It is set up so that you do not have to follow a strict diet regime, which really appeals to me!

Let me know if you have read this book!

Missy

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

I liked them on Facebook for the recipes

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Sounds like a great cookbook also if you are pre diabetic.

Denise :) said...

It's a great book -- glad you got to review a copy! They do a great newsletter, too! :)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8