"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Final Finish for 2015

I finally have a finished pillow for my bed!
 Two years ago, before I moved to MO,  my friend from quilt retreat, Mary Lou, gave me a wonky log cabin block.  She said the cat reminded her of me.  I decided to make a throw pillow out of it since it matched my scrappy trip along quilt I was working on.
I had an extra block from my quilt.  I took the block apart and used the strips to put around the block to make it the right size for my pillow form.  I did all of this before spring when I finished my quilt.  I have been meaning to join the FMQ quilt along over at quiltshopgal .   With my surgery this summer and school, I never got around to FMQing it.
I finally finished it today!
 I put on my toesie socks and penguin pj's and worked on my treadle.
 I had a lot of help!
Unfortunately, after sitting, neglected, for months, my tension was all wonky.  I used up small bobbins, rather then wasting thread.  I figure no one was going to see the back anyways.  It took longer to rip out seams then it did to quilt!

I used some yellow fleece for the back, I love soft pillows!  I made the back envelope style.  I used my featherweight and serger for this part.
 I liked practicing a new technique on a pillow rather then a quilt.  It is a jester hat motif, option 1 in the challenge.


I am so happy with my pillow, it makes me smile!
You can check out the linky for this party here:  http://quiltshopgal.com/2015-free-motion-quilting-challenge-december-challenge-with-wendy-sheppard-and-grand-prize-info/

Tomorrow I need to put elastic in some skirts and make a coin purse, not to mention working on my husband's quilt.  It took all day yesterday to get my sewing room back in order so that I could sew!  Since I worked out my tension issues today, it should be a breeze to finish up his quilt!
I enjoyed making my first pillow, I need to make more!
Missy

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very cute. Your quilting is great. I have that problem too with my machines when I go to quilt.

Kathleen said...

Your pillow came out great!! And look how cute your featherweight looks in that awesome table! Keeping company with your serger too :)

Anonymous said...

Missy ~ What a cozy way to spend the day. What a cute pillow !

~ Joan

Sarah said...

Congrats on FMQing your pillow - it's fantastic with the quilt. Love seeing your furbabies every where! Heaven forbid they are not by our sides...

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8