"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, May 4, 2015

The quilting is done!

I finished the quilting on my Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt!  It is huge!  108 inches square!

Yes, I know the dark print kind of sticks out, but that's okay!
The cats love it!

 I have a very thick top mattress, and the quilt still almost touches the floor!

I cut the binding and sewed it together last night.  Tonight I will iron it and put the binding on!   I have a driving force to get this finished before my surgery.  


Have a great day ya'll!
Missy


We had field day at school on Friday, I got sunburned but it was a lot of fun!


11 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I love it! It's huge! How in the world did you quilt it on a DM?!

Angie said...

Your TATW looks gorgeous - I love all that color going on!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Turned out gorgeous. Binding is probably easy peasy compared to quilting that beast.

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a huge project! Congratulations!
Surgery? I must have missed a post, Yikes!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great top. Lots of great colors in it.

Laura Jean said...

I think it lovely, and after quilting all of that, the binding is going to be a piece of cake. To think it's all done on a people powered machine, amazing! Praying for a safe surgery, and a fast, full recovery.

Kathleen said...

Congrats on finishing this huge quilt! As far as your surgery and not being able to sit still, get several handwork projects together and everything necessary to work on them. Keep them close at hand so you can work on them while you recover. I hope everything goes well and you recover quickly.

Missy Shay said...

Did I fix my no-reply?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is quite a project! Great job! Visiting from Creative Goodness.

legato1958 said...

It's gorgeous!! I love that it is "kitty tested" and obviously passes the test!! Wonder what color of binding you'll be using?
Susie

Anita said...

A lovely scrappy trip!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8