"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trying to Sew

Hello everyone!  Boy have I missed ya'll!  I love teaching, but it does not leave much time for sewing and blogging!  I've finally had some time to sit down and sew on Sunday night.  I pulled out my scrappy trip along blocks (there is only about 10 left!) and started to sew.  Well, I started getting rat's nests so I threw away the very old thread I was using and put in new thread.  The thread kept breaking!  I asked on Mad For Treadles on FB what they thought the problem was.  They said check for burrs or change my needle.  I ran to Walmart and bought some quilting needles before work yesterday.  Tried it out today, it sews perfect now!
 This is my set up.  I have my ironing station on the right, my table on the left to lay out my blocks.
 I have terrible lighting in my sewing room, so I have my ottlite on the right, which I can use on either that machine or my hand crank.  On the left I have the lamp I bought for a $1 at an auction!

I can't wait to come home and sew tonight!  Although I have gotten a little distracted with Christmas decorations, they have been packed up for two years and a friend gave me some stuff when she moved, so I need to see what  I have.  I do know I am missing one box of stuff that I need to find in the garage.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Missy

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love your treadle. It's so pretty. I've always wanted one but they are hard to find. I haven't had much time for fun sewing lately, besides a block here and there. Your cat is so adorable all entangled in the ribbons.

Sarah said...

Looks like a good "triangle" set up - hope you get lots done! I have a scrappy trip UFO around here somewhere (each block has a yellow center) that I need to get back to. Maybe after I get Christmas quilts done over Turkey Day break. I can use ST as leader/enders for Bonnie's mystery quilt...I think I only need about 10 more blocks.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Was thinking about you. I miss being able to sew much too. Isn't it always the way there are days that they are a little persnickety.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8