"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, September 29, 2014

Canning Jar Blocks

I signed up for a another block swap months ago and in true procrastinator fashion, I waited until the last minute to make my blocks.  I worked on them all week and Saturday I had to cut some more black (it had to be Kona black to match everyone else's) and would you believe I ran out of black and was short by two blocks being able to make three sets?!  Since it was Saturday night I could not get any more fabric until Monday morning.  So sad because I really want a big variety of veggies and fruit!
I sent in four brussel sprouts, four carrots and four peanuts to make two sets of six, a total of twelve blocks.
 That leaves me two completed sprouts and carrots, with six cut peanuts, and two cut carrots and sprouts and some other small pieces cut out.  I totally forgot that I also have a lot of oranges fabric!  I think after I get my exchanged blocks back I'll have to see if anyone wants to trade for any of these blocks because I still have uncut fabric of all three also.

I sewed my blocks on my Singer 99 hand crank sewing machine.
 I set up in the living room because right now my sewing room is a mess, I will actually be staying home on Saturday so I can clean it up and maybe work on some sewing!
Have a nice day everyone!
Missy

5 comments:

Heidi S said...

I hate running out of a fabric. It is always from a store far away, LOL. I love your canning blocks! The fabrics really pop surrounded by the black.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your canning blocks are turning out very cute.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I have this pattern and have stashed away some fabric that I'd like to make the jars out of. I'll have to do one soon, but maybe a long breakfast bar type mug rug. They might look cute all in a row. Thanks for reminding me!

Kathleen said...

Looks yummy!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea! You got them done! If I don't get your brussels sprouts or peanuts, I'll trade with you. I have lots of fabrics that only have enough for 1-4 jars, not a whole set. (a friend gifted me all her leftover food fabrics).

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8