"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blue Ribbon Baking From a Redneck Kitchen

I was sent a cookbook to review this time!  It is Blue Ribbon Baking form a Redneck Kitchen by Francine Bryson.  My husband actually looked through it before I did and he asked me to make the crock-pot pull-apart monkey bread.  The recipe calls for biscuits and is very easy to make.  It was nice to be able to have the meatloaf in the oven and dessert in the crock-pot at the same time.  I made it for dessert for lunch after Bible Study on Sunday.  I programmed my crock pot to cook on high for two hours and then it automatically turns to warm.  I forgot to take it out until after we finished eating and it burnt, but everyone still loved it!  I forgot to take a picture until after we had eaten some of it - LOL.

I can't wait to try the chocolate cobbler or the peanut butter, chocolate, bacon pie!  I think this is a very good cookbook for desserts, it has everything, cookies, pies, cakes, cobblers and more!  You can find more information on the book here.

Chris bought me the programmable crock-pot because I kept burning stuff in the crock-pot when I would work late!  I'm the only person I know who can burn stuff in the crock-pot!  Yesterday I made my classic roast and potatoes and of course that turned out great.  I'm still looking for more recipes though, I have not been thrilled with the ones I have tried so far, so if you have any suggestions please share!

Missy

 "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

3 comments:

Heidi S said...

PB, chocolate, BACON pie? That sounds intriguing. I will have to find this cookbook.

I use my crock pot a lot. And it is the basic model. I make soup and stews often. Its tough to burn such 'wet' meals ;)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I burn stuff in the crock pot all the time too. I have the programmable one and even on low it cooks much faster than I expect it too. And heaven forbid it is in anyplace where there may be a draft. It won't work at all then. The MIL bought me one last year for my birthday. Just recently we discovered we owned 6. I gave one to the daughter, and we sold two.

Little Penpen said...

Red neck baking! I love it. I have two 'White Trash' cookbooks; love those too. I bought an ebook a few days ago from Amazon: Southern Living's Big book of Slow Cooking for 2.99. I am really enjoying going through the recipes at this point; and have seen many I plan to try.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8