"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals

I am keeping my July Goals super easy since we will be going to Georgia, TN, AL and KY this month.  I also get to go to the National Quilt Museum in Padacuh!  I am super excited!
I am taking my Scrappy Trip Around the World Blocks with me to work on in the hotel room while my husband is working at his work conference.  I'm hoping to get some sight seeing done in Atlanta, but it has to be within walking distance because I do not want to drive by myself.  I want to see the Margaret Mitchel House but my husband doesn't want to.  Chris will only have one day to sight see.

My goal is to finish ten more blocks.  I finished ten blocks last month, and I should be able to finish them all by the end of next month!  I already have them unpicked and separated by finished blocks, but I was thinking I could lay them on a towel and roll it up so that I won't have to take the tray.  They will fit perfect in my case with my hand crank!
 I plan on finishing the quilting on this quilt this week.  Quilt it and bind it and send it off.  My mom said that the chemo and radiation is not working on my uncle and that the tumor is getting bigger.  Please continue to pray for John Hobgood.
That's my goals for this month.
I am also going to try to finish my BOM from last month and this month,
but I am not making it a goal - LOL

Do you have any goals for this month?  Have you been to the National Quilt Museum?  Will five hours be enough time to explore it?

Happy July everyone!
Missy


My Button

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hey Missy... you won the turtle draw on my blog!
Send me your address and I'll pop the FQ in the mail to you.
PS I have been to the Museum in Paducah and it is awesome. That should be enough time depending on how long you like to gaze at amazing quilts!

Kim said...

It's going to be a pretty nice big quilt. I keep saying I will make this pattern one day :-)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh how fun to go away for a while even if it is traveling with him while he is at a conference. I have never been to the quilt museum but sounds like loads of fun.

Cindy A. said...

Tennessee?! That's where I live! What part of Tennessee are you going to be visiting? If you're going to be in or around Southern Middle TN you'll be close. We're right down on the border.

I've not been to Paducah (can you believe it?!), but I'm told you really need to take your time because there's a lot to see at the museum. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You have a pop-up comment box, so I can comment! =) I love your squares and the quilt you are going to quilt. I can sit and make 25-patches all day, and love the way they go together. I've never tried the 36-patch, but yours look great! I live in Eastern TN, in the foothills of the Smokies, and it's beautiful.

I'm in Atlanta several times a year, and there are things to do there downtown, there's a whole underground area, though I'm usually north of town in the suburbs. It's only 205 miles down there from here! LOL Check with the people at your hotel to see what they suggest.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8