"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, June 20, 2014

Winners and new blocks!

I got three packages in the mail yesterday and today!  They were blocks for my prayer quilt!

The first set of four were from Cheryl in Illinois.
 Then next four were from Lea Anne at Podunk Pretties.  Be sure to check out her blog, I love her quilts and she has a lot of free quilt tutorials.
 She also sent me two great fabric panels that have scripture on them!

 The next four came from my friend Valerie in TX.
 She sent me two extra blocks of an England print!  She is from England and I am so excited about these!
 The last four came from my friend Allison in TX.  She is a machine quilter and deals with vintage machines, so if you have need of either in the metroplex area let me know and I will get you in touch with her!
 She also sent me some blue batik to use as either a border or binding.  She also sent me some extra squares to make more blocks with!
I think I got everyone's blocks.  If you have some on the way let me know, otherwise I am going to start putting the quilt together on Monday!  Thank you to everyone who sent me blocks and for sending them to me in groups of four or ten!  That helps me with having the same number of blocks that start with blue and start with cream.  Right now, I have a total of 38 blocks!  That will give me a nice size quilt.  I'll lay it out Monday and see if any blocks need to be made to finish off a row.

I drew the winners of the spool pin doilies.
The first winner is Kathy.  She said she is fixing to get her mom's redeye 66 treadle and is excited about having a spool pin doilie to put on it.  She has shared some of her stuff here:  http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/profile/KathleenKingsbury

The second winner is my vintage machine friend Joann from AZ.  She emailed me and asked to be in the giveaway, she does not have a blogger account so I replaced her name with Dora who has plenty of doilies for her machines so asked not to be in the giveaway.

There was quite an interest in spool pin doilies so I'll get my husband busy in making them.  He has been super busy with work, so I'll let you know when they are ready.

Missy

5 comments:

Kim said...

It's coming along nicely. I love the scripture fabrics. I didn't even know they had scripture prints.

KaHolly said...

Looks like you had a great response. Your prayer quilt is going to be lovely. Can't wait to see it finished.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Congratulations to the winners and it is so cool that you got so many blocks. Can't wait to see it put together.

Heidi said...

Your quilt will be beautiful. I know your uncle will appreciate it. The spool doilies are fabulous. Your husband is very talented. Have a blessed day!!

Allison in Plano said...

The blocks look great Missy!! Glad they made it for his quilt. Thank you for the shout out for longarm quilting and vintage sewing machine repair in the Dallas, TX metroplex. I can be reached via e-mail allon0711@yahoo.com (all on zero seven one one at yahoo . com) or I can be found on Manta by searching Allison's Machine Quilting in Plano, TX.

Can't wait to see it before you ship it off to your Uncle.

Hugs, Allison in Plano, TX

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8