"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ruffle Demo

I forgot to tell ya'll about the demo I did at the North East TX T.O.G.A. a month ago.
I had written a blog post about the different ruffle feet I have here.  One of the ladies was kind enough to video parts of the demo for me.  There are six videos, but they are all short.  Maybe one day I will learn how to edit and put together videos.  I like to refer to the ruffle feet as dinosaurs, LOL

On a side note.  For some reason I'm having trouble with sound on youtube.  My server of choice is Google Chrome, my husband told me to try Internet Explorer and youtube worked there.  So if the sound is not working for you , you might have to switch servers.






This next video is the first part of how to use a ruffle foot.



Second part of using a ruffle foot.




The third video of using a ruffle foot.




How to make a ruffle part one.





How to make a ruffle part two and talking about parts of the ruffle foot, I think.




There are two ways to make a ruffle.
Here is the first one, where you just put a hem on your strip of fabric.
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-make-ruffle.html

Here is the other, which I showed in the videos.  You fold the fabric in half, both are the same concept.
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2014/03/ruffle-blog-hop.html

If you have any questions or any hints, just let me know!

Missy

8 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I have a treadle with a ruffler too and have used it when I made clothes to fit dolls such as Barbie! I now have a serger with ruffler so I don't have to get the treadle out.Thanks for the memory :-)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How fun Missy!! I don't have a handcrank but I do have a ruffler for my old 15-91 Singer. Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I just posted a project where I used an old antique ruffler foot on my new sewing machine. Great minds are thinking alike. Could I like to this post to give folks extra information for using this foot?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have several rufflers, but, I haven't tried any of them yet. I do have a project (way down the list) to use a ruffle with, so, they will get tried one day. Thanks for the info on how to use them.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have oodles of ruffler feet and I don't know which machines they fit.

donna said...

I so love my ruffle foot. It has been a life saver. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs
donna

ANDYSTYLE said...

lovely, they are very cute :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

Katherines Corner said...

Missy this looks so fun! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Your participation helps to make it extra special ♥

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8