"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The letter M and Feline Friday

This month for the Sew Sweet Bee we made a block for Amy at A Quilting Sheep.  I love her blog!  She chose alphabet letters and sent everyone a letter to make.  I am actually keeping the one at the top because I cut the middle section 1/2 an inch too short, so I added sashing on the other two sides (it was only supposed to be added to two sides) and made it more even.  I'll finish it up into a wall hanging later, but for now I hung it on my quilt until I have time to get back to it and so I don't forget it.
This is Amy's M, I hope it is okay.
I never did share with ya'll the quilt rack Chris got me for our anniversary back in August.  I had sent it ahead to Missouri with a friend who was visiting.  It looks like a cat!  LOL  I put it in the utility room.
The cats think it is a great place to hang out too!
A couple of years ago I won this cat toy from Friskies.  It is called an undercover mouse and it electronically moves a stick with a ball on it under the cover.  It keeps the cats busy for a long time!
My husband said it looks like we have toddlers because there are cat toys everywhere, but he's worse about buying them then I am!

I hope I will be able to start being in my sewing room more often now!  I still have unpacking to do, but I'm getting more settled.

You know you live in a small town when you go to the restaurant and they do not accept credit cards.  I offered to send my husband home to get cash while I waited but she said we could just bring the money back the next day.  That does not happen in the big cities or even the small cities!  I'm loving small town life, but I need to get involved in something so that I can start meeting people.

I hope you have a blessed day!
Missy

9 comments:

Pink-a-Palooza said...

Great Ms, both of them!
I was wondering if that toy would keep cats happy, look like they are!
Did u find a bookcase yet?
Take care,
Gail S.

Heidi said...

Have you visited the quilt guild in Mountain Home? They even have a quilt show every other year. Their website is ... http://hillnhollowquilters.com/wordpress/

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love seeing the letters for Amy's blog and your M is sew cute. What a great quilt rack. the MIL had that cat toy Dot loves it. We have a restaurant in the next town that is just like that-cash only.

CrazyCatLady said...

Good morning Missy -- question -- how long does the cat toy keep them occupied? I was thinking of getting one for my lovelies but wondered if it was a waste of money. Love the quilt rack and your letters too!
Jackie

Shauna said...

great blocks, I think I like yours a little better, more balanced.

Denise :) said...

Haha! I love that the cats are all clustered around the cat toy -- that was fun! I like the M blocks!! :)

Sarah said...

I live in a small town but I don't know that anyone would let us pay the next day. Lucky You! Both the quilt rack and the cat toy are adorable.

donna said...

Your M turned out great. Amy is going to love it. We live in a small town and love it.
Hugs
donna

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

Your M looks great! :) What a fun toy for your cats!

Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8