"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

'Twas the Night Jesus Came






‘Twas the Night Jesus Came
‘Twas the night Jesus came and all through the house
Not a person was praying, not one in the house.
The Bibles were left on the shelf without care,
For no one thought that Jesus would come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed,
Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.
And mom in her rocker with baby in her lap
Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap.
When out of the east there rose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash
Tore open the shutters and lifted the sash!
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here!
The light of His face made me cover my head–
It was Jesus returning, just as He said.
And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.
In the Book of Life which He held in His hand
Was written the name of every saved man.
He spoke not a word as He searched for my name;
When He said, “It’s not here” my head hung in shame.
The people whose names had been written with love
He gathered to take to His Father above.
With those who were ready He rose without a sound
While all the rest were left standing around.
I fell to my knees, but it was too late;
I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight;
Oh, if only I’d known that this was the night.
In the words of this poem the meaning is clear;
The coming of Jesus is now drawing near.
There’s only one life and when comes the last call
We’ll find that the Bible was true after all. –
AUDRY PATRICIA WOOLVERTON

I know it is late, but the message is always true!  I borrowed this poem from a blog I follow, Michelle at  Life With Lou .
I pray you had a great Christmas.  My step mom gave us a Petit Jean Ham and my mom gave us slippers, mine are totally cute and warm!
Be sure to enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate on these cold nights!
Missy

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Hope you had a nice Christmas! Love the picture of the Cardinals!

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's a beautiful picture of the cardinals and beautiful poem. Warm slippers are a great gift. Have a good new year's holiday!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I have had out of town guests and not much time for FB or blogging. I have a lot of catching up to do! Oh, I love the kitty photo, I can imagine ours doing the same thing.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8