"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Finishes

2013 has been an interesting year for me.  The biggest thing that happened to me this year is my move to MO!  We had been planning this move for a couple of years!  Now, after 18 years I'm ready to buy my first home.
This picture was taken from my back porch.
I really do not have very many finished quilts.  I am slooow, not to mention packing, moving, and unpacking takes a lot of time!





Front of the Quilt
Several of ya'll sent me blocks to make a prayer quilt for a sweet girl.
Here is the back of the quilt.
At church we machine pieced and  hand quilted a Great Granny Square Quilt for a friend in church(another prayer quilt).  We had a lot of great fellowship!  Hand stitching takes a lot longer but is so worth it!
 




I also finished quilts for seven year old niece and 17 year old nephew for Christmas!  But I had to have them done by October to give to my mom before I moved.  Quilts are heavy to have to ship!

denim rag quilt
Great Granny Square Quilt
I also helped my friend Chrystal make a baby quilt for her baby, I did not have time to make one by myself, so she came over and I supplied the material.
Not a great picture!
Well, I guess that is five quilts, although only 2 of them were done just by me.  I did quilt the pinwheels quilt though.  There were some small projects along the way and tree finished tops, I'll show you those later.  Did I mention I did all of my work on people powered machines?  Either a hand crank or a treadle were used on the quilting I did.  Except the pinwheel was quilted on my Janome because I had not bought my Singer 16 yet.

I hope everyone has a great new year!

Missy

5 comments:

Jills Home Remedies said...

Beautiful quilts! Happy New Year to you!

Denise :) said...

I think it was a productive year! Sometimes I think we beat ourselves up too much. Your finishes were lovely, Missy! Happy New Year! :)

Carolyn Sullivan said...

Those are beautiful! I should look at what I have accomplished last yr. I think I finished a few quilts!

Missy Shay said...

am i a no reply?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely finishes considering that you moved that would have thrown me off my game for a long time.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8