"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, October 28, 2013

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

I am revisiting some of my old posts to share this fall season!
I love pumpkin spice cupcakes!  I first made this recipe last year, here is the link:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2010/12/pumpkin-spice-cake.html

I made them for church and made them "healthier".  I was surprised how delicious they turned out with wheat flour!
Here is the revised recipe:
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

1 Can (15 oz.) pumpkin (about 2 cups)
2 Cups sugar (I used palm sugar)
1 Cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 Cups flour (I used 1 cup hard white wheat flour and 1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil. Add eggs and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and beat until well blended. Pour into a greased 15" x 10" baking pan, or cupcake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes 15-20 minutes for cupcakes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool

I frosted them with Italian Meringue Buttercream and then sprinkled the tops with cinnamon.
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/08/italian-meringue-buttercream.html

Moving to MO this week!
Missy

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

These sound so good, thanks for sharing.

donna said...

mmmm these sound so good.
Hugs
donna

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your cupcakes look delicious! Anything you can do to increase the fiber on sweet treats is always helpful.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

thanks for the recipe...by now you must be in Missouri with NO internet! I hope your move was uneventful and you are happily unpacking. Hopefully when you find the library we will hear from you again. :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

This looks so good. I have my pumpkins inside and ready to use!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8