"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Quilts!

Okay I need to share more of my pictures from the TOGA (Treadle-on Gathering Academy) from the North East TX TOGA.  It is every year in April, so if you like people powered sewing machines, be sure to come!
Here was the raffle quilt, a beautiful String Quilt, I have to make one now!  I was saving scraps for a rag quilt, but I'm going to use them for this instead!  Isn't it gorgeous?
Here's another string quilt.  Same pattern but different colors.

String Blocks for another quilt
Lot's of people were working on string blocks, there are so many different ways to make them!  Some people used Kraft paper (deli paper) from Costco, some telephone pages and some newspaper, of course they are torn off after sewn.  Others sew it onto muslin squares.
Just trim them up when you are done!


I love these, a solid on one side and strings on the other side.  These were quilt as you go.



This pattern is called Scrap Tease.  I love her Sunbonnet babies!

She hand appliqued them.


I'm not sure who made all of the quilts, but here are some more quilts that were shared.
This was from a block exchange.  Don't you love that material with  a treadle on it?



Julia making her wonky nine patch, unfortunately my camera had died and I did not get a picture of her quilt.


What if nine patch blocks

Here are a couple of ironing stations.
 Don't you love these organizers?
This is a cute thread catcher.
I hope you got some inspiration from these quilts!
Oh, did I mention they were all made on either a handcrank, treadle or feather weight?
Just goes to show you that if you have a vintage machine, don't throw it away, get it out and use it!
Missy

3 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the mini quilt show! I have been wanting to attend the NE Texas TOGA for years - I'll make it there eventually!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You will love making a string quilt, so much fun!

Vicky said...

This quilts are beautiful, Missy! It's so neat that you like old sewing machines. Aren't they fascinating?!

I had a little browse of your blog, this morning, and I'm looking forward to coming back for anther look, tomorrow. You're inspiring me to more sewing:-)

God bless, Missy:-)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8