"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, April 29, 2013

April Finishes

After months of hard work we finally finished Skye's prayer quilt.  We did the great granny square with two wide borders.  Joeann embroidered bible references and names on the inner border.  Several of us each made a square.   We hand quilted the middle section as a group. I took it to church last Sunday to work on and even Skye stopped to work on her own quilt!
 I machine quilted the borders and binding so we could get it done.  I stippled (my version anyways) the inner border around the verses and names.


The outer border was just straight lines and the corners were small squares where the lines intersected.  I used khaki on the inner border and navy blue on the outer border.
The label faded a little after the washing, anyone know of a way to keep that from happening?  I had put it through my printer.

(I just really liked this picture with my shoe sticking out.  LOL)
I had Miss Debra model the quilt here.  :)
Of course Muffin had to sit on it after I pulled it out of the dryer.
I am just so glad it is finally finished!  We had a lot of good fellowship while we worked on this quilt and had a lot of prayer time praying for Skye as we quilted it for her.
A summary of my finishes for this month.  I did get a great granny square quilt quilted, I just swapped them out.  I did finish getting all of my strips for my scrappy trip around the world sewn together and sewn into tubes, ready for the next step.  I finished several more blocks also.
I also finished my sewing tool caddy!  I'll share more pictures about that tomorrow!
So, I met all of my goals for this month, yeah!
Have a great day, Missy


A Lovely Year of Finishes
Manic Mondays at Serendipity and Spice

9 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a lovely gift for Skye....and I love all the scripture you all added to it.....

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt, what a great group effort.

Little Penpen said...

Congrats! on the quilt finish. It is truly beautiful and one of a kind with all the extra touches added.

Frances Meredith said...

I am surprised Miss Debra gave the quilt back to you! Great effort.

Anonymous said...

that is such a lovely quilt, I love the verses. I have always wanted to sit around a frame and quilt with others!

Marie said...

So beautiful! Especially with the kitties.

Marie @ http://123crossstitchcafe.com
http://asatisfiedspirit.com

Sarah Craig said...

Missy, you all have truly given Skye a labor of love that she will cherish for years to come! Whoop whoop!!

Sarah Craig said...

Missy, you all have truly given Skye a labor of love that she will cherish for years to come! Whoop whoop!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on the finish!! Looks like you were quilting outside - I LOVE it!!!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8