"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More Granny Squares

I got the navy blue background cut for the prayer quilt.

The quilt will have 12 blocks.  I had to cut 144 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 48 2 1/2 x 5 inch navy blue rectangles.  I really like the navy blue background.

To see the rest of the squares click the link above for prayer quilt.
I need some help with quilting math. I have some material I want to use for the border, I want to cut it 5 inches giving me a 4 1/2 inch border. I have about 60 inches by 34 inches. My finished top will be 36 inches by 48 inches. How do I know if I have enough? Math has never been my strong area. Would there be enough to cut it 6 inches? We are embroidering it with verses from the bible. (Not me, but a friend is)

Back in January, I had told ya'll about my friend who is making a documentary about how to survive off-grid.  You can go here for that information.  Well, tonight he has an interview on the radio at 8pm central time.  Sorry for the short notice.
Listen in this Wednesday, 8 PM CST for Sophek's debut on Michael Bunker's radio show!
blogtalkradio.com/michaelbunker 

The discussion will be Sophek's upcoming documentary Beyond Off Grid. 

Again, hear the show:
Wednesday, November 7
blogtalkradio.com/michaelbunker


http://www.blogtalkradio.com/michaelbunker
Be sure to check it out!

Have a great day ya'll!
Missy


4 comments:

Denise :) said...

My daughter's in-laws are working on that very thing. In fact, I've got several family members who are striving towards that. Todd and I have made some preparations. Having an RV makes some aspects more difficult, on the other hand, it makes some aspects easier! :)

Cara said...

Looks beautiful!! Not sure about the oranges squares, but that will be a bright quilt!!

Katherines Corner said...

Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Wishing you a happy weekend. xo

Pink-a-Palooza said...

Hi Missy,
I came across ur blog from searching for the Granny Trip Along block.
I joined in the one that "Blue elephant stitches" blog did the tutee on.
It all went well until the outer edges (solid fabric).
I followed exactly, and when I trimmed up I barely had enough seam allowances.
I adjusted the needle position on the machine, and it was only a bit better,
My question is, u cut the navy solid in rectangles, and Im wondering if that makes the difference in having more of a quarter inch seam allowance after trimming up?
Hope u can understand my question :)
Thanks,
Gael of "Pink-a-Palooza"

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8