"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Texas Gone Crazy Quilt

Last week I checked out this book at the library.  It is Very Easy Crazy Patchwork by Betty Barnden.

I fell in love with this book and I cannot wait to try it out!  It has great pictures and instructions for machine and hand quilting.  It also has several projects and different types of crazy patchwork.  If you are interested in this kind of thing I definitely recommend this book!

On Friday at my quilt block of the month demo, the Quilter's Guild of Arlington were showcasing a crazy patchwork quilt.  I took pictures to share with you, they are on my camera phone so sorry they aren't better.
I could not get the whole quilt in the picture, sorry.
I love this fan.  She said everyone did a block and then they sewed them together.
Add caption
Look at the cute little spider.
Can you see the amazing details that were added?
Isn't this a fun quilt?  Not to mention all the little details that were added!
For more information on how you can get this quilt, go to www.QGOA.org  It is called "Mama's Crazy Quilt"
Quilter's Guild of Arlington is having the 2012 Annual Festival of Quilts "Texas Gone Crazy" May 11 and 12, 2012.  I am going to try to go, sounds like fun!  Visit their website for more information!

Missy



3 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Crazy beautiful! Are you going to make one?

~Cindy

Marilyn said...

These are beautiful.. I love the patterns.. Hi Missy, I'm Marilyn and stumbled upon your blog and LOVE it.. I am officially your happiest new follower here and hope you can give us a visit sometime.. http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com .. Off to indulge in more of your posts.. I look forward to shared future inspirations here.. :)) Wishing you a perfect week.. ~Marilyn

Katherines Corner said...

Its a beautiful art piece. It certainly does belong hung on the wall. Hugs P.S. thank you for linking to Thursday Favorite Things linky party

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8