"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, November 4, 2011

Sewing Area

I would love to have a sewing room.  Right now that is my dining room.  It looks like fabric has exploded all over the place.
What a mess, right?
I do my cutting, sewing and laptop on the kitchen table.
I invited a couple of friends over for dinner.  He fixed my dryer in exchange for a dinner of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.  I totally rearranged and cleaned my dining room so we could eat at the table.  It looks a lot better now.  I moved my bakers rack and set it up as a desk with my laptop on it.
I'm thinking of maybe moving my baker's rack to the office to store my material on, and my desk to the dining room.  I'll have to see if my husband will help me with that.
I now have more room on my table for cutting and sewing.  I like this better.  Of course when I have a cake to decorate this gets put away so that I can make a different kind of mess with frosting and cake.
I want to build a house and have either a loft, or big room with 3 outside walls so that I can have lots of windows.  I want half the room to be my sewing/craft room.  It will have a special cutting table and my old dining room table for my sewing.  Lots of shelves and cabinets.  The other half will be my husband's office/library/music room.  This way we won't be isolated from each other!
Not to mention a nice big kitchen for all my baking and decorating, but more on that later.
I have since updated the baker's and put in a desk instead, to see the update, go here:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/01/whoops.html
Where do you do your crafts?
Missy

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love you dinning room. It looks so inviting and cozy.Do you have a spare bedroom that you can use for your sewing room?

Rebecca's Reflections said...

never thought of a baker's rack for a desk. I might have to "steal" your idea because I only have a small nightstand in my room for my computer at the moment.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8