"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cranberry/Apple Relish again

I'll be sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes with you this year.

1Ch 16:34 "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."  His mercy does endure forever, it was because of His mercy for us that He sent His Son to die for our sins.  What a great thing to give thanks to God for!


I wanted to share a recipe from last year that I absolutely love!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Cranberry/Apple Relish
1 bag (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
2 apples peeled and finely chopped (I used my Pampered Chef Chopper)
2 cups apple cider or juice
2 cups sugar (If using palm sugar do not skimp or it will be sour)
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (I found this in the bulk section at the grocery store)
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a 3 qt saucepan, combine cranberries, apples, apple cider and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add ginger and cloves. Simmer until most of the cranberries have burst, about 30 minutes or more.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Serve warm or chilled. If you let it chill for a day or two it will gel up some.
Refrigerate for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.

You can also make yummy turkey salad sandwiches with it!
 To make the sandwiches cut up some leftover turkey, add a lot of relish(to cover?) a bar of cream cheese and a big spoonful, about 1/2 cup, of plain yogurt. Mix it all up and serve between bread. I think I'll add pecans next time. It was delicious!
I also used this to make a dip for crackers at New Years last year.

I am going to stock up on fresh cranberries when I find them on sale and put them in my freezer.
I can't wait to make it this year, I'll be grocery shopping friday for my Thanksgiving meal.

Here is an old picture of a Thanksgiving more than 9 years ago, I'm not sure of the actual date.  Boots wanted to share our leftover Thanksgiving dinner with us!

Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8