"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, September 2, 2011

Laundry Day

"....and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean."  Numbers 8:7b  You would not believe how many times God says this in the Bible.  Have you ever realized how important it is to God to be clean?  As women, whether we are married or not, we have laundry to do and it won't clean themeselves.  We do have stuff that makes it easier, like washing machines and dryers.

My dryer broke about two months ago.  July was just one of those months where everything was breaking.  My dryer broke, my stand mixer broke, and I even "broke" (fractured) my wrist.  My fingers still don't always work right.
My husband rigged up a clothes line for me in the backyard.  He found some tent posts, an old metal shelf, and a bird feeder hanger to make my clothesline with.


 As you can tell by my grass, we are having a drought in TX and temps reaching 110°.  I hadn't bought clothespins yet (My husband brought some home this week after I had to chase one of my slips) so I had just been laying the clothes over the line.


There are pros and cons to using a clothes line versus a dryer.
*  The electric bill has been reduced drastically!
*  I love the smell of clothes that have dried in the sun.
*  Clothes last longer
*  The dryer is not making my house hot
*  The clothes dry quickly in the TX sun.
*  etc.

The cons
*  It takes more time
*  I'm afraid that if I forget to bring them in one day, this might happen:
Last night when I told my husband at 10:30 I forgot the laundry, he said don't worry about it, but I was afraid the raccoons might get into them.  I found this( and the cat) picture on the internet, so obviously my fears had a foundation!  Not to mention our "pet" racoon that comes to visit every every evening.

Not a great picture since we took it through our screened window.
More cons:
*weather
*stiff clothes, but wait, I found a way to fix the stiff clothes!  Just put a 1/4 cup of baking soda in your wash and it softens your clothes!  Even my husband said it works!  So yeah!
We are praying about moving, so I don't see any sense in buying a dryer until after we move, but of course I'm still trying to come up with the money for a new mixer and in my opinion that comes first!  LOL

Have a great Labor Day Weekend ya'll!
Missy
P.S.  I don't know how they got those kittens in those bags, my kittens would never go for that!  Although Muffin does like the dryer!

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8