"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cheesecake Twinkie Bars

I forgot to take a picture before I tried it, but they were delicious.  I made some gluten free "Twinkie" cupcakes, but they looked funny even though they tasted delicious.  I needed a dessert for church on Sunday but I did not want to spend a lot of time on it since I had been baking Twinkies all day.  So I grabbed 2-3 tablespoons of butter and threw it into a glass pan and threw that into an oven preheated to 350°.  I let the butter melt in the pan this way.
After the butter was melted I crumbled several of the cupcakes into the bottom of the pan.  You can use any kind of cake or cookie for this.  If you want a thin crust, just cover the bottom of the pan, if want a thicker portion of cake, then add more.  I'll share my healthy Twinkies recipe next week.

Cheesecake Bars
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup palm sugar (you can substitute any kind of sugar)
6 egg yolks (I had some left over, feel free to use 3 eggs instead)
1 tsp pure vanilla

Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl until smooth; add eggs and vanilla; beat well.  Pour over crust.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Cool completely.  Cut into squares before serving.  Feel free to add berries over the top.

This is how it looks before baking.  It makes a firm cheesecake, which is perfect for picking up and eating with your fingers.
Enjoy,
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8