"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer of No Pants

I found a new blog I just started following.  They are having a "Summer of No Pants"  challenge where you are challenged to sew a new skirt or dress once a week for four weeks.  It is from May 23 to June 17.  I have to admit that I have a dress and a jumper already started though, I'm trying to get ready for my vacation to Florida this summer.  I love jumpers because they are loose and breezy.  Speaking of jumpers, I found a really nice pattern here: http://www.mariemadelinestudio.net/ .  They sell fabric, patterns, quilts, ready made dresses, skirts, aprons, bags, etc.  Be sure to check it out.
Be sure to check out the new blog I'm following, they will be having all kinds of tutorials during the challenge.
http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/p/summer-of-no-pants-2011.html
Just overlook the title!  LOL  I think this will be fun!
Several ladies in my church want to make a dress that I found a great tutorial for here:  http://go.tipjunkie.com/hm/952/kojodesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-tutorial-from-tea-rose-home.html
We are going to make it for next sewing circle project!
I'm still learning how to sew, so I don't feel confident enough to do tutorials, so I hope you enjoy the ones I've shared!  Anybody want to join the challenge with me?
Happy Sewing
Missy

1 comment:

retrorevival.biz said...

What a great idea! It's soooo hot here in Florida that I almost never wear pants in the summer. Cotton dresses and skirts are the best way to stay cool. Good luck with your project and I looking forward to seeing pictures of your completed frocks:)
~Cindy

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8