"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, May 27, 2011

I finished my dress!

I finally finished my dress!  I bought this material like 3-4 months ago and did not start sewing on it until about 3 weeks ago.  I had to finally take time out and finish it this week so that I could have a dress ready for the summer of no pants challenge.  That's why my blog has been so quiet this week! 

When I finished the dress it was way too big, so I added two darts to the bodice in the front and the back.    It was still too big so I added some elastic sewn into the sides.  As you can tell it is still a tad too big and since it has no zipper, I think I will add some ties to the back to make it look nicer.  I used an old pattern someone had given me, and according to the measurements I took I was supposed to cut out a size 16/18 which I thought was huge, but figured the pattern ran big.  I was wrong!  LOL  The pattern did not include the underskirt, but I added that for fun!
Excuse my lack of shoes, I took this picture before we left for church, but I was waiting until the last minute to put on my shoes since I had painted my toenails earlier!  LOL  I hate wearing shoes and avoid them when I can!  Precious was walking around my feet while Chris was trying to take my picture, he's the grey and white one.  The orange and white one, Muffin is the one in my arms.  Sorry about the terrible pictures!
I added this picture so you could see my headband.  Isn't it pretty?  My friend Ashley from Church crochets them, and there is a button on the headband so that you can interchange the color of the flower!
I also made my jewelry, which is not something I am very good at, but I wandered into a bead shop and fell in love with the beads!  My friend Miracle (13 yrs) had to fix a couple of my mistakes though!  She makes the jewelry at my church, and is a very talented young lady!  We have some very talented ladies at my church!
See here for an update on how to make casings for this dress which I added later :  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/06/easy-casings.html
Thanks for looking!
Missy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Missy! I'd love to have you add this post to the SONP Link Party! http://www.hideousdreadfulstinky.com/2011/05/summer-of-no-pants-link-party.html

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8