"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

As ya'll know, I am running behind on all of my posts, so this one is from Thanksgiving, but is also great for Christmas!  When my husband said that he needed something for the Thanksgiving potluck at work, I knew I needed to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, but I couldn't find my recipe anywhere.  My facebook friend, Brenda, gave me this recipe and it was great!  It's a cross between cake and muffin, but very moist.

1 Can (16 oz.) pumpkin (about 2 cups)
2 Cups sugar (I used organic sugar)
1 Cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 Cups flour (I used organic, unbleached flour)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
(I also added:  1 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
1/2 tsp. salt


  Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  In large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add the dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and beat until well blended.  Pour into a greased 15" x 10" baking pan, or cupcake pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.  Cool

Her recipe calls for a cream cheese frosting, but I used IMBC (Italian Meringue Buttercream) instead with a couple of dashes of cinnamon added.  I then sprinkled the top with cinnamon, I didn't have time to decorate the cake so they had cupcakes instead.

I am now taking orders for my fruitcake.  It is $5 for a miniloaf or $15 for a standard size loaf.  Be sure to order now to reserve your loaf!

Happy Baking,
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8