"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Apron themed Banquet

We had an apron themed banquet for our revealing party for our Praying Sisters.  It was so much fun, the only thing is that after looking at my pictures I realized how much weight I have gained!   Ugggh!  It's been too hot to walk anywhere, I need to start doing exercise videos but my VCR broke!  Okay back to the party!  As everybody probably knows by now, I have a fascination with aprons!  So I was so excited that Pam, our coordinator for Secret Sisters liked my theme idea!  My pictures are kind of fuzzy, so sorry about that!

To decorate, I hung a clothesline from the ceiling and then hung aprons up with clothespins.  I hung a clothesline on each wall.  I also tied waist length aprons across the window.  I then tied any leftover aprons on the backs of the chairs.  We borrowed tablecloths from everybody  and put the like colors
together for the tables.   We were going for a country look and put mason jars with zinnias on the tables and I made candle holders with short mason jars that I put a tea light candle and buttons in.  We drank out of mason jars and put the flowers on crocheted doilies or washcloths that my friend Susan makes and sells.




We used all kinds of aprons.  I put up my vintage smock aprons, My clown apron I got at a yard sale when we were first married,  aprons that I am making, I even still have the apron that I got from the ladies missionary group at BBC like 15-17 yrs ago!  I borrowed aprons from my friends also.









Since we all used things from home, we did not need to spend very much money at all!  The zinnias came from Pam's garden, and we borrowed the jars from Pam, Cara and Susan.  I had a ton of buttons we used, and I have a lot of tea lights I got on clearance years ago that I have been slowly using.

We put the vintage tablecloths on the serving table and I sprinkled buttons all around.  We had brisket, sweet potato salad, cream biscuits, watermelon, coconut cream cake and tea for dinner.





We all posed for pictures!  Everyone has a unique apron and we all shared aprons stories or memories or in my case facts about aprons.  We then opened our gifts and ate and Miss Debra gave us a devotion and Pam read us a poem about apron pockets and God.  (I have had several people ask me about this poem, I got it from here: http://www.juliabettencourt.com/download/apronpocketsskit.pdf , there are also a lot of great ideas on here too!)


Lynn gave me a new hat a new hostess apron.  Don't you just love this apron?  I've been wanting one for a while!  Chris said my hat is a hillbilly hat - silly man! Thanks again Lynn!

Thank you for joining us at our party, I hope you had as much fun looking at all of the aprons and fun we had as we did!  I'll finish up my pictures with another picture of the cake and another hostess apron.  And a cute baby apron.

7 comments:

Cara Hembd said...

That banquet was such a good time. I was skeptical about the theme at first, but it turned out to be really sweet and fun.

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of different and wonderful aprons! What fun!
Thanks for joining my first Friday link party! I hope you can join again next week!

Ms Muffin said...

This looks like so much fun! And I definitely have never seen so many different aprons in one place! WOW!

Shawnee H said...

Too cute! Looks like fun was had by all!

Connie b. said...

We are doing an apron theme for our churches mother daughter banquet. I was wondering if you could share the poem about apron pockets and God? If you could send it to my email I'd greatly appreciate it. It's c_dawne@msn.com. Thank you. I just love this idea. Thank you for sharing.

About Pastor Faulk said...

I am doing an apron themed mother/daughter banquet this year. Could you also send me a copy of the poem - sounds perfect! I like your ideas too!

Laura
laurafaulk@charter.net

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Too often I try to complicate the decorations.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8